Resume * for more specific jobs involving event promotion, see home page
Scout Productions ('Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Fog of War, and more). Location Scout. 1994 - 1995
HI-FI Records (Boston, MA). 1996 - 2003. Founder and Manager.
- Managed all daily operations, buying, inventory, merchandising, promotion, ad design, booking
Barry Bryson, Jazz Trumpeter (Brooklyn). Assistant/Research/Promotions
Love Police, Inc. (Sydney, AUS). USA Sales Rep.
Children's Movement for Creative Education: administrative assistance and some PR
Dekalb Market - consulting
ARTS AND EVENTS PROGRAMMING/PROMOTION:
Brooklyn Lyceum (Brooklyn, NY). 2008 - 2010. Promotion/PR Director, Cafe Manager, Programmer.
- Promotions: Press releases and Distribution to all print and web media; Create posters and flyers for all in-house events (Adobe Illustrator); Oversaw interns/street team; Update and Maintain twice monthly calendars/handouts; Oversee print and web marketing and social networking; Website updates.
- Outreach/PR: Partner with local businesses in cross-promotion and sponsorship opportunities; Chief liaison between Lyceum and press, community, patrons, renters and performing groups
- Programming: Help create quality in-house and partnered programming; Establish, build, promote, liaise and staff ongoing and one-off events including the BK Craft Central Craft Market Series, NYC Zine Fest 09, First Sundays Writers Series, Private Ear Radio Hour, Open Mic Mondays; Screen proposals and liaise for rentals and partnerships
- Lyceum Cafe: Handle all daily operations; Assess and oversee inventory and quality control; Hire, train and maintain all cafe staff; Design branding and signage; Responsible for all cafe growth and promotion
- Basically, everything….!
NYC Zine Fest 09. 2009. Organizer and promoter with a group of local librarians.
Metropolitan Green. Revolving Retail Space. 2010 - current. Director of Programming and Marketing.
- Curate tenants for this ongoing Pop-up shop in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
- Organize the Weekend Met Green Marketplace
- Microsoft Excel and Word, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, some Website editing (Weebly, Wordpress, very basic html), Quickbooks (*coming soon)
See Home page for current and ongoing projects